This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General UFC Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by homer1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. homer1

homer1
    Expand Collapse

About time the UFC had a new thread so here goes - anyone watching 110 on Saturday night? Some great fights, one of the better events in a while, my comments on the main fights as below

Valesquez is the future of the Heavyweight division, he reminds me of Mike Tyson when he started out in boxing .... just walks around non fussed before the fights, no bling & hype - there to get a job done. His striking was awsome & leg kicks vicious - totally dominated one of the toughest guys out there but surprised Nog didn't last longer to be honest - awesome performance though

Delighted with Silva's win although have seen him more impressive than this. Loved Bispings usual tantrum at the end when ref holding both hands before winner was announced .... threw his hands down in disgust before walking away gutted. Even better when he tried to understand the decision and stating the obvious "I think he only got the decision because he knocked the ~#$*^ out of me right at the end :D". Still saying he deserved the win even now the pillock

Haven't seen Stephenson being manhandled / controlled as much as he was ever, simply outstanding BJJ by the Aussie & he dominated the fight - most surprising thing was after Buffer read out that the decision was unnanomous 30-27 that Joe Daddy looked disappointed that it wasn't his name being called out

Jardione v Bader was a tough one to call before and was fairly even thorughout. Bader looks awesome in the first round of his fights but for someone so ripped he seems to gas fairly quickly. Deserved his win though as Jardine didn't do enough and fight was right being stopped when it was

Cro Cop looked good although his opponent showed more heart than skill, initially taking the fight at such short notice but also after being split open after a vicious elbow

Bonner v Sozinski (sp) was an excellent fight and very unfortunate end

Delighted to see Lyttle finishing on the ground as good to be reminded he's not ONLY a "swing for the fences" merchant - very good finish

2. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Not the correct thread i think but UFC have signed James Toney to a contract.My only question is why?he is a shot boxer who will be submitted in seconds.If any ufc goes toe to toe he will spark them in seconds.They are 2 diffferent sports so why try to mix them.

3. homer1

homer1
    Expand Collapse

I'd given up on this thread due to lack of interest so hadn't seen your reply mate - think Toney has been shooting his mouth off and Dana sees it purely as a publicity stunt ..... no better buachaill to take advantage of a publicity opportunity

4. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Anyone watching ufc 111 later on this morning?Gsp v Hardy is the main event.I hat Hardy and I expect an easy GSP win.All this talk of Hardys ko power is laughable,1 ko in his last 4 fights and they were against middle of the road guys.
    Mir/Carwin is either going to be the same finish as the Mir/Brock fight one and mir will work him or fight 2 where Brock destroyed him.Just dont know enough about Carwin other than the heavy hands

5. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Title Change for thread

Any chance one of the mods could change the title of one of the threads in the "Other Sports" section?Its done as UFC110 discussion and would be better just changes to General UFC Discussion,as similar to the Boxing one.
    Thanks

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

done as requested

7. Pimboli

Pimboli
    Expand Collapse

Now we can talk about UFC112 and Andersons Silvas dancing around the ring.

8. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

i really like Silva but that was fcuking disgraceful and great to see dana white tear strips off him about it.GSP imo will beat him.The bj penn upset was great but the card in all was average

9. Pimboli

Pimboli
    Expand Collapse

His crap excuse was Maia insulted him before the fight so he wanted to show he could beat him whenever he wanted and toyed with him, so it was a tactic but he appeared to be simply afraid to get into a clinch in case he was taken down and Maia wasnt stupid enough to just walk into Silvas flying knee kicks another thing Silva complained about post fight. Any hope of him fighting GSP (who would kill him he just too smart) is gone for a long time now. Dana is thinking of putting his next fight on as the opening fight of the pre-lims before the main show to humilliate him the way he humilliated Dana who took it very personally.

Penn annoys me now hes just pure lazy and I dont think mentally he has ever recovered from when GSP beat him without breaking a sweat.

Looking forward to seeing this Kimbo dude in a proper UFC fight hes crap but entertaining.

10. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Thought id bump this to see if there was any other UFC Fans around.

Cracking card coming up this saturday.

Dan Henderson v Shogun is the headline.

11. DaveSuarez

DaveSuarez
    Expand Collapse

Really looking forward to this tonight. Looks a really good card with big Nog and Little Nog both in action against Mir and Ortiz. Bones "motherf**king" Jones should tear shit up in the main event as well.

12. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Cracking card that was.

Mir's finish was sick!

Bones looks again unbeatable.

Tito is past it now for the quality of the UFC.

13. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

Jones to me looks like he could be one of the greatest fighters in ufc history. It just seems to come to him so easily

14. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Dana White said Jones v Silva is not in his plans yet.

5 months off for Jones then probably a run of him versus Hendo or Rashad Evans id say.

15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Some decent fights but I was dissapointed with some of the results.
    I cant stand Mir (he seems to enjoy seriously injuring opponents) and was hoping Nog would win this one. He shouldve finished him when he caught him with that punch but hats off to Mir.. that was an amazing recovery and win.
    Im a fan of Machida too so wasnt happy when Jones put him to sleep.
    The past few times Ive seen tito fight, he seems to fold after one decent punch is landed on him... his heart doesnt seem to be in it at all.
    Was the Homoneck KO a record?

16. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

141 coming up soon.

Predictions anyone?

Lesnar v Overeem.

Nate Diaz v Donald Cerrone.(Could be fight of the year candidate)

17. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Overeems new to the UFC but a very experienced fighter. I'm not familiar with him so cant call that bout.
    I'd have my money on Cerrone for the lightweights... top top fighter and a class above Diaz imo.

18. RedM

RedM
    Expand Collapse

Anyone know if this is being shown in any pubs in Dublin tonight?

19. leonsdaddy

leonsdaddy
    Expand Collapse

I see lesnar called it a day after being beaten. No shame in being beaten by overeem, he has future champion written all over him. His standup skills are sick.

20. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Watched 141 this morning. I didnt realise Lesnar had surgery earlier this year. Will miss him... great character. Disapointing fight though.
    Cerrone/Diaz was outstanding. Amazing amount of punches landed.
    It was one of the fights of the year imo... as predicted by Raven.
    Will probably have to wait a few months before he posts here again though :rolleyes: ;)