This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Gerry, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

We’ve been awful most of this season but you can see the improvement in the team with a few midfield tweaks, I expect a stronger second half of the season but unfortunately don’t see us making too 4. Hope I’m wrong

2. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

I thought we where okayish. Got away with the goal and couple other things . We are wi bit more solid. However the front 3 offered more less nothing til Nunez came on . Not calling out gapko as he shouldn't be in squad as only new player etc.... We really need play Salah in middle or somewhere where we can get him in game.
    By looks we are waiting for our injures to get us back to top 4.. sadly top 4 will be out of reach by then I suspect..

3. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Yes actually you’re right there tbf Babbs, on the day it was.
    Neither was particularly good but yes that’s a fair point.

babbsnads likes this.
  4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The good news is Bajcetic looks like a player so although we're light in midfield,we're probably not as light as we all thought we were as little as two weeks ago. Still need to buy two midfielders but I'll take what I can get at the moment.

D-Red2 likes this.
  5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty hyped about Bajcetic on the back of seeing 1.5 games of him now. The composure is always impressive at that age but he's also influencing the game which is spectacular at that age particularly right in the engine room where he plays.

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

That is one of worst Chelsea sides I have seen at Anfield. They have spent half a billion and still have a youngster like Hall in the line up.

agree with comments above, getting solid again has to be the focus.

Salah’s form is a worry, the quick interchanges are not there yet with Gakpo. Bobby has been a massive miss as he started the season really well.

7. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

bajcetic faded/tired in the 2nd half yesterday but that's to be expected for a 18 year old, some level to be playing at in CM at that age.
    early days and a long way to go but none of our regular 3 CMs were playing at that level at 18

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

One good thing that can come from situations like this is young lads getting more opportunities than they would when things are going well. On form he deserves to start ahead of Fabinho which is a bad thing for the team, and I really hope Fabinho gets back to the kind of form he,'s capable of,and soon because I dont want to be relying on an 18 year old in that position, but when life gives you lemons.......

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's always good to have some level of competition for places too, I find it hard to believe players would get overly complacent working under Klopp but always good to have pressure coming from behind. Plus as we've seen with injuries it never hurts to have another option.

10. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

yep Fabinho’s lack of form has been one of our biggest issues this season.
    Initially when he signed for us I thought he looked iffy and it took him a long time to settle in. But when he finally did he was a Rolls Royce of a midfielder, one of my favourite players for us ever.

But this season he has basically reverted back to the level he was at while he was originally settling in.
    He looks way off the pace. Of course it’s not as though he’s the only one, and I don’t think either of us intend to suggest as much, but he’s vital to us and we badly need him back to his best.

And yep, absolutely Bajcetic deserves to be starting ahead of him on form. Fab can’t have any complaints

babbsnads likes this.
  11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Henderson and Fab must be absolutely chomping at the bit to get another shot at Brighton. Based on they're cameos yesterday they won't be playing. That's what I found most disappointing, senior pros left out for a kid and a want away crock and they offered nothing when they came on. I was expecting 20 minutes of thunder from them and it just never happened, more sleepy football.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I genuinely don't think it's a lack of desire. But I was dissapointed with Fabinhos cameo yesterday. I don't remember Henderson doing anything that impressed me or dissapointed me,but I think both of their confidence is shot.

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I know people expect Footballers to be bullet proof but Fabinho recently had a new arrival and sleepless nights could be an issue. He is playing like a player with little energy.

Watched the highlights back today and Gakpo had two very scoreable chances. Looks a bit timid in the challenge at times,
    I am sure it’s a shock to the system on the physicality side. If and when all the forwards are fully fit, it’s going to be some scramble for game time. Diaz and Salah certs. Worrying thing doesn’t seem to be return dates for any of the three out

14. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking this about fabhino too as I am currently going through it. Surely they have loads of help and minders though

15. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Speaking from my own experiences, and knowing how tough it is, I wouldn't have wanted to give up time with my kids to helpers/minders etc just so I can perform better in work. Family comes first, you can't buy time back! And I'm sure it's no different for a high paid sports person, and actually given how much they earn, they likely wouldn't have the pressure us normal people do to return to work and get back to performing well after our paternity leave (which he isn't getting but is entitled to).

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  16. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Just in reply.His form is awful alot longer than since the child arrived / his misses is pregnant.

He's not alone in being way below par in fairness.

The difference in the quality of the game and the two finals we played against them last year was massive.

bobby benitez and Skintown Red like this.
  17. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

He seems like he cannot move anymore, isnt throwing himself into tackles like he used to. Something a miss, hopefully with Bajcetic playing well it might ignite his form and make him hungrier to get back into the 11