This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Covid Vaccine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by GaryMc, Oct 26, 2020.

?

Would you immediately take Covid Vaccine if it became available ?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2020.
  1. Straight Away

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Wait and See

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Would Never Take it

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

The wife's cousin Is in. She is anti covid anti vax. Is Refusing all medical as thinks its a hoax. She is in icu and waiting meet her maker.
    Sadly the family are waiting on call from Hospital. Crazy lenghts people go to.

GaryMc likes this.
  2. MrMo

MrMo
    Expand Collapse

Thats absolutely nuts. Sympathies to all her family, but I simply cannot fathom how anyone can refuse medical intervention if it means staying alive. A horrible time for all her family I would imagine.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Was she aware of the shenanigans that went on with the lad that died after been taken out of hospital?

Irishkop96 likes this.
  4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

thats brutal, whatever about differing views on the vaccines there shouldnt be any doubt that covid is very real.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Here in lies the problem, your wife's cousin didn't form this opinion by herself, she picked it up from all these scumbags that prey on people spreading their misinformation who are literally costing other people's lives. My own cousins are anti vaccine, they've been glued to whatever fu*ker in the states releases some fictitious claims about vaccines murdering kittens or whatever their latest nonsense is.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Couple of family are same. But have changed since she is on deaths door. (signed up for vax since)
    Ultimately Facebook has alot to answer for allowing for these clowns to be brain washed.
    Blank refusing treatment is crazy.
    The husband and kids I feel for.

7. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Sorry to hear that man. But just wondering, seriously, how does she tally thinking it is a hoax with the fact that she is in ICU with a possibility of dying, I don't understand that.

8. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Brexit Turkeys voting for Christmas pales in comparison to what's happened here. Terrible and tragic situation that woman has put herself and family in.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

69% of those admitted to Hospital were unvaccinated between April 1st and October 2nd.

Still between 40-50k people over age of 40 have chosen not to take it. If they haven’t taken it by now, fair chance they are choosing no to which is their right. If 10% of those get it bad though over the winter, that’s 4k potentially needing hospital treatment. Also would need to factor in those who are vaccinated and the virus does affect them. Wonder will this have an impact on the full reopening on 22nd

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/1011/1252947-covid-19-ireland/

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The 69% doesn't really even tell the full story until you consider that that 2/3rd's comes from less than 10% of the population, it beggars belief that anyone is still anti vaccine and I can have sympathy for someone who has been conned into not taking this vaccine, they've been manipulated but there's a special place in hell for those that have taken it upon themselves to actively try and stop others from taking this vaccine.

SUPERFAN and MrMo like this.
  11. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah, I don't get the mindset of people who know stuff is false but out of sheer cnutery they peddle misinformation which leads to people dying. As to the people who are duped but maintain their position to "save face" even in the face of overwhelming evidence, I don't have ill-will for them but I have to be honest and say I have very little sympathy. The willfully ignorant will end up with the consequences of their actions if they won't listen to facts and common sense.

12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i could be way off the mark but maybe most/all of those 40/50k unvaccinated already tested positive before vaccines were available.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

itll be interesting to see if he allows his players to take to the court in an away game against a team with an unvaccinated player.

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Im sure he will because Irving is not being frozen out on health grounds. It's state laws that prevent him playing in certain games, he's being frozen out because those laws make him a part time member of the team, and the coach says allowing him to be a part time member would undermine the teams ethos.

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

every unvaccinated player from teams outside SF and NY that will have to play there at some stage this year are part time too, doubt theyll be frozen out though.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Up to each individual team I suppose but would not being able to play in New York or San Francisco make a player part time if his team aren't based in either of those places?

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

if hes not allowed train with the team then surely thats on health grounds.

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I don't think so.Reading between the lines it looks like he's been bombed out because the general manager feels like he's put his own interests ahead of the teams.

"It is imperative that we continue to build chemistry as a team and remain true to our long-established values of togetherness and sacrifice.

"Our championship goals for the season have not changed, and to achieve these goals each member of our organization must pull in the same direction. We are excited for the start of the season and look forward to a successful campaign that will make the borough of Brooklyn proud."

20. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

67% of those in ICU currently are unvaccinated. Considering only 8% of the adult population are unvaccinated that ICU stat is stark.