This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

We all remember what happened when Souness came in and tried to change things post-Kenny and how that set us back years, you’re 100% right a couple of top-class players every year to keep the momentum and cycle going to stay on top

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think theres a bit of revisionism going on here. In the space of 13 months,we've moved on Lallana,Lovren, Shaqiri and Wijnaldum, while introducing Jones,Jota,Elliott and Konate, all young lads. We've also tied down Allison,Van Dijk,Robertson,Trent and Fabihno who all have at least 4 good years or more left in them,and we're in the process of trying up Salah who being conservative has 3 good years left in him. Why are we worried about having to replace large parts of the team in one go? It's not an old squad by any means,there's plenty of young talent and there's 2 transfer windows every year.

Skintown Red likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Nailing down the contracts was massive. Salah the main one outstanding.

I’d say the wage bill has gone up significantly so may explain the lack of activity. I’d rather have tied those lads down long term than have them unhappy and bring in some bench players.

Squad is light for sure if there is an injury crisis, hopefully all the injury bad luck was used up last season

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Genuine question, what did we realistically expect in this window?

I'd of liked one more player to arrive but with hindsight and given the business we did last summer,I think one more along with Konate was all I'd realistically have expected to arrive. And the consensus seems to be that it was a back up attacker we needed. So who's the player we should have bought that isn't good enough to get in our best 11, but would protect us against the impact of the injury crisis we're all worried about?

5. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Traore for me, cant get through a block defence bring him on & let the chaos ensue.
    Also his burst from defence against the scum the other day was epic, the whole way up the field & layed off a lovely pass to the right, which in our team would have been Salah in the end of it.

Damari Grey, whom we were linked with previously, went to neverton for £1.7m ffs.

6. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Demarai grey looks a world beater in two matches but couldn’t get a sniff at Leicester and were only too glad to let go
    He is at his level
    Not convinced by the traore piece at all - yeah he is a wrecking ball but his final pass and finishing are championship level at best

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

It’s a shame Traore doesn’t have a end product but then they would want £100m

8. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I went into the window thinking we needed to replace Gini and prioritised that over a forward. I've since realised we already did last year with Thiago and with Elliot showing great potential I think it's fine to go into this season feeling confident in those 7 to 8 players we've got for there. It's only this week actually that I've realised we're rolling the dice here a little up top. We rolled the dice last summer with our CBs not replacing Lovren and thinking it was okay for Fab to be 4th choice and lost that gamble with freakishly bad luck. We've got our front 3 and we've got Jota, Taki, Elliot and Div so that makes up our 3 from 7. The drop off after Jota is a bit too much for my liking so to answer your question and playing football scout here I thought someone like Sarr or Jeremy Doku (after an impressive Euros) might have been worth a punt but to mention again, if Jurgen is happy with his lot than that'll do for me

9. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

I'd be worried about the forward back up options too. Especially when the African Cup of nations happens. Ideally I'd have liked a young versatile pacy attacker and Bissouma. Bissouma because he looks a super footballer but if Thiago hits the ground running and Harvey keeps it up then another midfielder might not be needed

10. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

We will miss players for probably two matches , palace and Brentford and bissouma is from mali so would he not have missed it aswell

11. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Be interesting to see what will happen if Cameroon requires a 14 day isolation to return to the UK at that time, whatever about players being ok with not being let travel in this international window would imagine they'll feel differently for a major tournament.

12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Pinch of salt , supposedly we’re looking at this 6

Said players are said to be Mikel Merino, Jude Bellingham, Carlos Soler, Harvey Barnes, Pedri and Karim Adeyemi.

Besides the obvious Jude , Think Carlos Soler is a interesting player

Two excellent young talents in Pedri and Karim Adeyemi.

13. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

I said it on here long before he left Birmingham, Bellingham should have been purchased. He'll now cost a fortune IF we can get him..
    The same with Haaland, he looked to have immense potential at Leipzig yet we take a punt on minimino from the same team instead of him.. even to have bought both of them & loan them back..
    It didn't take a rocket scientist to see the obvious talent & potential they had & have...

14. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

P

Dortmund we’re willing to pay £25m upfront plus I think another possible £15m and guarantee 30 games for a 17 year old .
    It’s a strategy they use very will, pick a young player have no second choice and guarantee him Europe and 30 games .

With Haaland he was always going to Dortmund just to be moved on with Dortmund guaranteed a huge profit .

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

16. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I hope he steers clear of Burnley and Southampton.
    Newcastle could be going down but you would imagine he could get good wages.
    Brighton would be first choice for football style but West Ham are going well and could get European football so between those two if you were choosing for Nat.
    Hopefully wherever he goes it successful for him.

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think he is worth more than £12m in the present market and his age .

18. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Was thinking would abamayang be worth a punt on loan.. cover for the Afcon lads

19. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Well he'll be playing in AFCON with Gabon.

20. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Thinking we will probably sell Philips £18m and Neco £12m and no incoming players in Jan.