This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Brighton V Liverpool

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Nov 27, 2020.

1. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

Those offsides are fcuking infuriating. They always seem to go against us.
    Pure guessing of when the ball is leaving the foot to where they freeze the frame.
    Robbo was silly with the wild swing on his weaker foot, can see why it was given.

Klopp taking off Salah and leaving Minamino out there was a very poor decision. Salah hasnt had a busy time of it over the last few weeks and Minamino is like a man down at the minute. Last minute of stoppage time under no pressure just hoofed it away towards the sideline had me screaming at the tv!

2. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

There shouldnt have to be guessing, it's there on the screen for all to see bar the fcuking VAR officials !

3. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

20201128_152458.jpg

Attached Files:

4. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Ball in flight & Mo in movement ffs...add to that, drawing a poxy line between 2 fuzzy images of football boots -again boots which are in movement which will leave image lag! ...Its a fcking joke
    Wheres the ' advantage to the attacker' ethos that was supposed to be in this season??!

5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Lee Mason the fat cunt is managing the City game inside 1 minute today, that hasn't changed. Who ever was on the Wolves game the other night didn't book Romeu for the most blatant foul you will ever see in the first couple of minutes of that game. That hasn't gone away and to be honest I'm sure what your point is or who's it aimed at. This season so far we have about 3 seasons worth of pre-VAR injustices given against us. Anyone who doesn't prefer the old way deserves to pay £19.99 for the Tyson fight and then moan afterwards that it was shit.

6. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Like you I wanted VAR in to correct the crap refs. The problem is that it is the same crap refs doing the VAR, how does that fix anything.

babbsnads likes this.
  7. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Gutted with that, thought we were goin to squeeze the 1-0, thought hendo brought more to our play 2nd half. another injury now with milner. And VAR, wat a disaster.

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

My point made as much sense as yours and it was aimed at you.

I wanted VAR but I didn't ask for this. Those examples of refs managing the game you talk about are why I wanted it.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It turns out it doesn't. With the exception of offsides where its worked exactly as was intended,its been a disaster in the Premier League.

10. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

No problem with the 2nd penalty decision. Pretty similar to the Salah one against West Ham. Just annoying it happened late on so we couldn’t respond.
    Personally thinking we’d be better going full strength from the start away from home, getting some control on the game and then rotating once the opposition are chasing the game.

11. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

It’s not the end of the world. Worst case is we are 2 points off the top by the end of the weekend. Win the next 2 before the Spurs game hopefully and we will be in good shape going in Xmas

12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't surprised the pen was given to be honest but how is robbo not getting at least a yellow card?

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I can't remember the exact details of this as it was a few years ago but game management is one of 9 things considered equally as important as each other when refereeing a game. Whether you agree with that is another thing but UEFA have it in the training manual. Games to need to be kept control of but shit refs will fuck that up too. It wouldn't take a whole load more than an email to get referees to book players regardless of time or occasion, it didn't need VAR to fix that.

What you're comparing are insignificant moments 99% of the time with big moments being frozen in time and analysed in 4k super slow mo. That referee today seen Robertson's tackle, he had an unobstructed view. He seen it and seen nothing, the linesman seen it too. None of the players appealed, none of our lads attempted to defend Robbo because they didn't think anything had happened. It was a nothing tackle that would never ever have been given pre VAR and wouldn't have made any highlights reel. Today it has be given like an automated fine from a library.

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To explain it better, both of our points are nonsense. I took yours as a dig at not me specifically but an indirect dig all the same and I had a dig back. I didn't ask for this and you don't deserve something you didn't want. I shouldn't of had a dig at you. My apologies.

15. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough in realtime but ref didnt see enough in it, thus not 'clear & obvious' ! Var should NOT even have asked him to look at it....to forensically slowmo it makes it a dead cert to be given...

On another point, Thinking back, Ben white chopped down jota 1st half when jota would've been in 2on1 but he didnt even book him! Desperate decision by ref..

16. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

What exactly is the rule?
    Is when the player initially strikes the ball or is it when it leaves his foot?

17. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Right back is an issue now with milner injury.

18. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

The result doesn't bother me as much as VAR does tbh.
    Even if it gets the decisions right, it's making the game a lot less enjoyable to watch.

Pissed off no end about Millner too.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Mick I don't need apologies. I don't accept my point as nonsense, my post wasn't a dig at you personally but you are included in the millions of people it was aimed at. You're a smart guy and know your football that's why I find it incredibly frustrating you couldn't see this coming. How can say you didn't ask for this? You wanted video to assist in getting the correct decision and its doing exactly that.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We'll agree to disagree Bob. I'm off to break lockdown rules and get locked with the neighbours.