This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Dub13, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if Trump will drop the dumb sh1t about law suits now, and just do the right thing....

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

The main is 74 and is a thick as a pig. He doesn’t and never has cared about the American people. It was time in the limelight, an act and now he has ended up looking like a loser and will be very hard for him to take that. I can imagine at the moment all his advisors telling him to just give it up as no point dragging it out but he’ll want his time in this limelight for as long as possible. He is a egomaniac of the highest order and used to getting what he wanted. Not this time though and I think we will hopefully see all those behind the scenes abandoning him and he won’t have a clue what to do and he will get bored. That’s the hope anyway

3. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

My main concern about Trump now is how much shit he can and probably will stir up before the 20th of Jan. He really is the "if I cant have it, no-one can" type of mentality and it wouldnt surprise me at all to see him just be a spiteful prick and try leave (more) problems behind him

4. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Trump campaign team booking the wrong four seasons for their press conference is so on brand.

5. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think with this particular conspiracy theory, they should be ramming it down anyone's throat who comes out with that rubbish that yeah, the democrats rigged the election and still managed to tie one hand behind their own backs by losing the Senate (presumably not to make it look too obvious??!!).

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't even bother with it, let the Republicans wear themselves out going through their court cases on this, you're not going to change their opinions on what's happened so just ignore them and get on with their own policies and processes.

7. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

No way that was just a mistake. Deffo sabotage from within his party.
    They probably want him gone asap now that he lost and they are not being subtle about it.
    Would've been even better if they'd booked the Four Seasons music group.

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

A fella on the radio earlier was saying DT is due to go away (to Florida I think) for Xmas, he reckons he'll never concede defeat but he just won't return to Washington in the new year.

9. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I think it'd be fair to say it wont be the Republicans going through the courts. Just himself and admin that's getting lighter and lighter as they scurry off the ship. It's the spa sticks that will donate to the fund that you'd almost feel sorry for.

10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They really need some serious reform of their election system as well, but as the Republicans always have a good chance of winning the election despite losing the popular vote I can't see them agreeing to reform. The gap of two and a half months between election day and inauguration is also a throw back to 250 years ago when it took so much time for the members of the next house to put their affairs in order and travel from all around the country to Washington for inauguration day. There is no reason why there shouldn't be immediate handover following the election. The current system just encourages ending administrations to push through stuff on their agenda before they leave.

mushypea likes this.
  11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Never have too much faith in the republican party doing the right thing in any way shape or form. They may think it in their best interests to let this whole thing simmer on for four years and run Trump again in 2024 most likely against Harris who they know Trump would win in a landslide against.

12. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

The landscape should and will be different in 4 years. So much so that if he was to run again, at 78 years of age and not ruined, Harris embarrassing him in 3 x debates really should see that potential shit storm put out. He'd never make it past Republican candidacy imo anyway

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

He's their highest ever voted candidate in an election in history! I would never rule anything out, if he wants to run again he's got 4 years of campaigning to do now and will just literally spend the entire time attacking Biden on everything and mobilising his support base.

14. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I still cant see it mate. Depending how unified or healed that nation gets will have a big say. You'd like to think a certain percentage of the untriggered every day american trump voter will look back and wonder just what the fuck they were thinking. I'm ever the optimist.

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd love to believe you're right but I've a feeling this will just entrench views more but lets hope that some sense of reason comes into people but make no mistake if the Republican party think their best bet for power next term is with Trump he'll be running again.

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He's obese, has Covid in his system, and has increased risk of heart disease (and probably syphilis). His health might not be good enough in another 4 and a bit years to take it on. We can only hope.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

His chances of avoiding criminal convictions seem pretty low. Michael Cohen got 3 years and he was convicted on the basis that he was acting at the behest of individual 1. There's nobody in any doubt who individual 1 is. And that's just one case he's going to have to deal with,there's plenty more from tax fraud to insurance fraud. Steve Bannon is looking at jail time and he knows where the bodies are buried. Doesn't strike me as a stand up guy. The tell all books will start coming out and the damage done in his 4 years will manifest itself as time goes on for many of the people who voted for him. His debts will be due for payment and he's a very bad bet for any financial organisation in terms of refinancing,he's not much use to the Russians anymore. Plus the GOP congress members and senators won't have enjoyed being ruled by fear for four years. They didn't take him seriously enough when he got the nomination the first time,they won't make that mistake again. I'd never say never,but I think it's very unlikely he's in contention in 4 years.

18. south

south
    Expand Collapse

19. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I know a lot of it is just a grift to keep the donations rolling in,but they genuinely don't get it either. They can't figure out that Biden got so many votes because of how many people hate Trump. The Democrats got it spot on by putting up a candidate that nobody cared about enough to hate,which wasn't the case with Hillary Clinton. And then they ran a low key campaign that gave nobody but Trump supporters a reason to hate him.

mushypea likes this.