This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

VAR watch

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

With no crowds, and less noise, wudnt you think that the conversation between the ref and the VAR official would be made audible. Like it is in the rugby.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  2. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Good shout, can't understand why it's not.at least if you think the decsion is wrong you get some explanation as to what the officials are thinking and have seen.

3. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Could someone explain to me the common sense part here, VVD was lying on the ground clearly in pain, why didn't the ref ask to look at it while the medics were looking at him, do they assume all players are faking it? Or is the 1 word of a man in a var room over ride cop on?

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Why do they have referees reviewing offsides? Surely they should have linesmen who actually do that job for living?

5. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

At what point do they start outsourcing their officials?

Coote didn't want to give the goal at the end.

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking that last night, that if Virgil rolled astound like James did they would've had to look at it

flies likes this.
  7. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

8. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

That's the way it's looking now. I was all for bringing in VAR, to allow replays to make the correct decision. But the way they are deciding on things is so questionable and subjective now.

I think giving the management/captain 3 challenges per match (like tennis) would be the best outcome. It would reduce the amount of times VAR was used, and teams would only request its usage for game changing incidents.

(Moving my post from the Van Dijk thread)

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Would defo agree with 3 challenges. What you would have is a guy in sideline just watching decisions all the time. Play continues very quickly so manager would need to make the decision very quickly

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I can't remember the whole argument,but I remember reading something explaining why the challenge system would make things worse, and agreeing with it. Im pretty sure the theory that allowing 6 challenges would result in more VAR delays than we're currently seeing was part of the argument. Before I read the article I was in favour of it.

11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Spot on, ruining the game. I said it last year when LFC got the better of it twice against Wolves. It’s a crock of shite. Turning into Rugby where people will wait for the TV to approve everything and people won’t bother celebrating. 5 years time it will be polite applause when some scores a goal as you will need to wait for the VAR Robot Ref to approve.

MR KING KENNY and vodkacolly like this.
  12. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Don't remember if I already asked this here or not but how is VAR going in other leagues?
    Is the PL an exception or the norm?

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think most countries are a year further down the road. I listen to a few European football pods and their does seem the odd contentious decision but not as much as the PL.

vodkacolly likes this.
  14. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

15. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Watched Benevento v Juventus yesterday evening. A couple of penalty scouts in the game that the ref called right and didn't give. The thing is watching it you knew that if it was the PL it would have been looked at by VAR and in slo-mo so could have been given. There was even a similar instance to the Robbo one and everyone just got on with it.
    VAR in Italy is very much more focused on offside, handball (these can be harsh) and serious foul play. They seem to let the refs get on with it after that.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

How have other leagues reacted to offsides I wonder? I often think about hawkeye in tennis. Everybody knows it can't be 100% correct and they work with the tightest of margins but I've never heard a player complain about a decision going against them with it.

17. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of tennis, I think this is the way VAR should go. 2 or 3 challenges allowed for a captain/manager per game. No other VAR decisions.

18. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

VAR at it again tonight, tough call on watkins disallowed goal, he prob could have had a penalty to just before he took the shot.

19. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

It was some fcuking joke!...like the VVD one, let's just focus on having him offside, never mind it was a penalty in the previous seconds!!!!

20. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse