This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

CL Final

Discussion in 'Travel' started by GaryMc, May 7, 2019.

1. Kloppite

Kloppite
    Expand Collapse

Likewise, wont be even bothering looking for a ticket, I just want a good place to watch it and enjoy the carnival atmosphere. If they do run a fan zone Spurs will have their own one too which is all the better when nerves and tensions are high=)
    Have you found any accomodation at a decent price? Seems mad still, going to give it a few days but if nothing shows up I think I'll rent a car and sleep in the thing

2. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

No I'm staying out and going straight to the airport for my flight

3. STEVE1978

STEVE1978
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

4. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

We are boating in to Santander and staying there Thursday night campsite €9 then drive down to Madrid campsite €23 all with shower and pool facilities. The Madrid campsite is about 50 mins from the city !

5. sid waddell

sid waddell
    Expand Collapse

For anybody still looking, I've just booked Dublin-Paris (Transavia) on Thursday May 30th for €54, staying in Paris on the Thursday night, then Paris-Valencia on the Friday for €44 (Air Europa). Basing myself in Valencia then, getting the train to Madrid Saturday (€39), then will pull an all-nighter in Madrid the night of the final then back to Valencia on the train Sunday morning (€51). Up to Barcelona on train then on Monday (€36) and flying home from Girona to Cork on Monday night on Ryanair - that flight is still only about €30 last time I looked, which is about an hour ago.

xRedmanLFCx, .G., Stevie S and 2 others like this.
  6. PureKlaas

PureKlaas
    Expand Collapse

If you have any interest in the tennis the French Open is on at Roland Garros. You can get €12 evening tickets the day before online to go in for a few hours. We're overnight in Paris too but on Friday had been looking for stuff to do and could do worse.

Just seen that my Madrid accommodation, which was booked months ago, just took full payment from my card today. That makes me feel a lot more confident it won't be cancelled!

Stevie S and sid waddell like this.
  7. Con 93

Con 93
    Expand Collapse

Flight home Monday morning from Barcelona to Dublin. Anybody wants to do the name change, PM me.

8. .G.

.G.
    Expand Collapse

Thats shite mate, mine is still ok but he could pull the plug any day.

9. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

4 of us interested Madrid to Barca, how much lad ?

10. PureKlaas

PureKlaas
    Expand Collapse

It's goal.com but they seem to have some info on the Fan Zones...

The Fan Zones : Tottenham fans will concentrate on the Plaza de Colón , from where they can access the stadium by line 5 of the Madrid Metro to the Canillejas stop (from Alonso Martínez). Meanwhile, the fans of Liverpool will concentrate on the Avenida de Felipe II , from where they can access the Metropolitano on line 2 of the Metro to the Las Rosas stop(from Goya). Both Fan Zones are separated by just one kilometer and a half in the center of the city, but will allow both hobbies to reach the stadium in completely opposite areas. And in addition, it will leave 'free' the metro station of Metropolitan Stadium for the arrival of neutral fans. Along with the ticket for the final, the clubs will distribute a valid Metro ticket for a whole day to facilitate public transport to all visitors arriving in the city

https://www.goal.com/es/noticias/fi...el-atletico-pese-a-/zgsrljzm49we15x28s4k02p5k

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  11. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

What's the name of the campsite pal? Three of us on the ferry on the Wednesday in a van if that's the one your on also.

Terry likes this.
  12. Kloppite

Kloppite
    Expand Collapse

Thats good news about the fan zones, I was worried the police would put a stop to them but its pretty much tradition at this stage. Accomodation still a problem, Im hearing now that there are going to be a lot of people sleeping rough in parks

13. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

Yeh mate we are on that ferry
    upload_2019-5-14_20-14-21.png upload_2019-5-14_20-14-21.jpeg

14. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

Anyone on here got a spare bed/floor for 2? Just had an apartment on booking.com cancelled this evening so back to the drawing board :mad:

15. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

16. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

Sadly was an apartment that cancelled so I don’t think I have any come back on it

17. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The way I interpreted it, it sounds like you would still have come back. Booking. com are the agent. I'll ask her!

18. shakav

shakav
    Expand Collapse

I rang booking.com and they said it was my fault the booking was cancelled and tough shit basically

19. ReturnOnBet

ReturnOnBet
    Expand Collapse

Is there a website that will allow me to get a notification if any new flights appear that meet criteria I set? Basically direct flights to Madrid on the Friday to Sunday? I missed that Ryanair flight but they might stick another one on.

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I don’t think there will be any more flights put on direct unless they are charters.

The Ryanair 6.20pm out still looks to have a few seats left at 271