This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think both spurs and city will be drained , edging on a City win but you never know
    Thinking the likes of Leicester might benefit ;)

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Hoping it will be a very flat game Saturday morning and 0-0. Think that is the best we can hope for.

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Only saw highlights of the game on Wednesday but it looked like City could have won by a few more than they did.
    I expect a similar out come tomorrow but you never know.

4. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Spurs keeper was hopeless a few of the goals were very saveable. I used to think lloris was a good keeper but i realize now he makes spectacular saves while messing up alot. Trippier was also rubbish showing Sterling onto his strong side. If spurs are up for it they can take city.

vodkacolly likes this.
  5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Pep will be frantically trying to compartmentalise the two previous games with Spurs as a totally different competition and setting this one up as a completely new game. I don't think he'll go with the revenge line, too emotional and a big risk of City players acting rashly, all going to plan they just need to get back on the horse and do what they've been doing all season and they win. If the game somehow gets into the latter stages without City being 2 clear there's a hope the crowd will get jittery and players might lose focus. A point for Spurs is huge for them in top 4 race, they'll hopefully play that way and not act as if their season is now entirely about the CL which could just as easily happen in which case they'll be 2 down within 20 minutes.

6. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

The pressure is on city massively. They are 1 draw away from having a terrible season now after all the hype all season.

7. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Yeah Glen - that thought occured to me earlier....

for all the talk of quadruples, best team ever, best squad assembled.....

Theres now the possibility that City could end the season with nothing but the mickey mouse cup. Cant imagine that'd please the Sheik a whole lot.
    What's the deal with Sane there btw? 15/15 goals and assists and is getting 10 mins at the end of the game to try turn it around , would love to think we could turn his head in the summer (not a hope I know but I'm already dreaming of league and CL doubles so why not)

glen likes this.
  8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

9. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Ac Milan 1-1 Spurs????? oh for the love of Robbie, the only thing I recall from that game is Gatuso nutting Joe Jordan
    Same goes for Chelsea - Barca - remember nothing about it.

Surely to qualify as the greatest CL game of all time, you'd want people to be able to actually recall the game

Istanbul 2005 - end of

10. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

My heart hopes City drop points tomorrow but I think they will beat Spurs handy tomorrow.

Loads of fresh faces to unleash.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

One of those things where they need a bit of variety and some will try to stand out from the crowd. David Maddock picking a game from 1960 was my favourite part:)

12. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I agree.

13. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Reading Spurs might put out a weakened side tomorrow:(

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

You'd have to think that Spurs are on a hiding to nothing today, first team had their biggest game ever on Wednesday night and won't be near the required emotional level to repeat their heroics (which still involved a loss on the night) but their strenght in depth drops off dramatically after first team. They won't have their top 4 decided because of an away game to City, if I was them I'd be happy enough to lose this one with the B team if it meant no injuries to first teamers considering a full team almost certainly loses anyway.

15. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

I think regardless of Spurs result today that they will still finish in the top 4 but I don't believe that they will play a B team here, that is much too risky. All it would take then is another shock defeat which can happen any side and they could be putting their top 4 chances in jeopardy. They don't have a big enough cushion points wise to play russian roulette in this way plus I'm sure they would like the opportunity to rest a few players when it really matters in betweeen the 2 CL semi finals. Spurs may well approach this game as being a free roll of the dice with nothing to lose in the knowledge that they have already beaten City in the game that really mattered for them. Whether they are good enough to take a draw is very debatable but I don't believe that they will just lie down and have their tummy tickled.

16. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Can't see Spurs not playing their strongest available team today. I feel Pochetino will want to rubber stamp the confidence his side will have from getting through to the CL semi. I still think City will be too good for them but they may get a draw, here's to hope.

17. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Spurs better play well. I'm having to endure 2-3 hours in the Zoo now to get back in time for them to shock City :D

18. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Chance for spurs to put a lot of doubt into man city for the future and possibly the first question marks over Pep head. Its a big game for both teams and managers to send a statement. Spurs to prove it was no fluke and city that there still top dogs.

19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

The best thing that came from Wednesdays game was that it showed Citys remaining apponents that they can be got out and to stop showing them too much respect. I'm looking at Utd especially.

20. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Happy enough with the spurs starting 11anyways so that's a start.