This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Dub13, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I really couldn't care, if that is what he wants, he is fully entitled to do it. But no-one in the world will convince me otherwise than he only played for Ireland at underage because he couldn't get a game for England or didn't think he'd get into the English set up. Made a nice bit of money out of that, it's worked out well for the English lad. And the only way the decision was hard for him was in the backlash he'd get, once he was hitting the big time he was never going with us. Anyway, Mr. Ultra-Conservative Manager O'Neill could have capped him early before all the brou-ha-ha and he would have jumped at the chance and wouldn't have a chance to change now. But O'Neill would stick with poor quality journeymen over taking a chance on trying to build a team up from young players.

Irishkop96 and babbsnads like this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'd agree with this and it's slightly annoying to see the praise he's getting for how he's handled the situation and his statement which there's no way he wrote. It's a lad who made decisions that he thought were in his best interests every step of the way which I've no problem with,but lets not dress it up as some sort of heart wrenching decision based on where his loyalties were. And even if there had of been a chance of keeping him in our camp(there wasn't) between Martin O'Neill and now this interim manager shit,we were in no fit state to take advantage of it.

GaryMc and Liverpool-law like this.
  3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

5. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Could we have played him in the last competitive game we had 15 months ago? I don't think I had even heard his name at that stage. He made his Irish senior debut (in a friendly) in March 2018.

6. Brianono5

Brianono5
    Expand Collapse

In such a massive game may of been a risk ! Was the Azerbaijan U21’s game in and around then when he kissed the badge ?

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Nations League game are competitive games.

8. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I know, but I was replying to the quote about O'Neill not picking him. He had already decided before the Nation's League that he wasn't going to play international football for those months. So he would have had to have been picked 15 months ago in the last competitive game he was available for.

GaryMc likes this.
  9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

With the way things have gone, at this stage I would prefer to see 11 lads from the league of Ireland giving their all playing for their country than these mercenaries.

xRedmanLFCx and red2005 like this.
  10. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

11. click22

click22
    Expand Collapse

“Gibraltar tickets out”

In order to carer for the most loyal supporters we have examined and cross-checked each supporter away history and have ranked each application in accordance with the below nine fixtures.

2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

Austria, Serbia, Moldova, Georgia

2018 International Friendlies

Turkey, France, Poland

2018 UEFA Nations League

Wales, Denmark

** Note – we did not include the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers away to Wales and Denmark because both of these fixtures were heavily oversubscribed **

On this occasion Supporters with a season ticket who attended 6 or more of the above nine fixtures received priority in the allocation process and their applications were successful. When we reached supporters, who had attended 5 games – unfortunately we did not have enough tickets to satisfy demand. As such we held a ballot,

12. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

That seems a good way to do it. I wonder how many tickets they actually gave out to fans though? A recent percentage list that I saw had a high amount of tickets for these away games, given to corporates and hospitality and sponsors.

13. LFCS8

LFCS8
    Expand Collapse

Are away tickets only allocated to season ticket holders or is their a way of getting them through an FAI membership?

14. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The best dealing I have had has been through the Class of 88 (CO88) supporters group. I have a season ticket too, but they are a pleasure to deal with.

15. click22

click22
    Expand Collapse

Always have just applied myself via to online portal, for the majority of games anyone who applies get one, for the last campaign the only ticket that would of required a good previous history was wales

16. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

Dear Mark

Following on from our Season Ticket Benefits Email, you are now eligible to a 20% discount off any full price item on faishop.com (subject to stock availability. Offer excludes discount items in sale section)

This promotion opens at 5pm, February 13th, and demand for this year's range is incredibly high so we advise early purchase to avoid any disappointment!

Simply login at FAI Shop to access your discount and enter your unique discount code SXPB*JKW15 under the “Use coupon code” field in the “view cart” section to begin commencing checkout.

Yours in sport,

The FAI Ticketing Team

Might be of use to someone ;)

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  17. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Venues confirmed for 2019 Under-17 EUROs
    From May 3, the 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championships will be played across four counties in seven different venues with 16 teams involved.
    Once the draw is made in Dublin on April 4, each of the teams participating in this year's tournament will know where their games will be held, with the options being: Carlisle Grounds, Tallaght Stadium, Tolka Park, Whitehall Stadium, UCD Bowl, City Calling Stadium and Regional Sports Centre.
    The trio of stadiums located outside of Dublin - Carlisle Grounds (Wicklow), City Calling Stadium (Longford), and Regional Sports Centre (Waterford) - fall under the UEFA-set radius for venues from the team hotel, which will be CityWest, Dublin.
    Tallaght Stadium, which now has a capacity of 8,000 following the opening of a new third stand, will be host the final on Sunday, May 19. The ground has previously hosted UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League games, as well as the 2009 FAI Cup Final and three EA SPORTS Cup Finals.
    "As manager of Tallaght Stadium, I am delighted that our venue has been chose to host the final of the UEFA European Under-17 Championships," said Nicola Coffey, Tallaght Stadium Manager.
    "It is a great honour for the venue to host such a prestigious event and I've no doubt both the teams and their travelling support will receive a warm welcome in South Dublin."
    Colin O'Brien's Republic of Ireland team - who qualify automatically as host nation - will play two of their group games in Tallaght Stadium and one in Waterford's RSC.

Stevie S and liverpool4life like this.
  18. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Will they be doing anything freshen up any of those stadiums? I'd imagine none of the Dutch or German players have ever been in a dressing room like tolka or bray. I haven't been in them either but I smell the damp from here.

Stevie S likes this.
  19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Tolka Parks dressing rooms are not too bad at all.

20. ElconorLFC

ElconorLFC
    Expand Collapse

Think the dressing rooms for Bray are in Bray Bowl.