This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fixtures 18/19

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by GaryMc, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Home leg the 19th Feb.

Away leg the 13th March.

liverpool4life and xRedmanLFCx like this.
  2. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

He's back for the second leg which is away from home which is the main thing.

aquaman likes this.
  3. Happy Wednesdays

Happy Wednesdays
    Expand Collapse

Away leg is sandwiched between a home game against Burnley and an away game against Fulham which is as kind as we could have asked for

4. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The LFC Twitter:
    Two @premierleague fixtures in February have been rescheduled for TV.

West Ham away, Monday 8pm, 4th Feb.

Should either club be participating in an FA Cup fourth-round replay, West Ham v Liverpool will be played at 12pm GMT on Sunday February 3 and be shown live on Sky Sports.

Man Utd away, Sunday February 24 at 2.05pm.

Seems to mean neither Bournemouth or Watford are televised. 3pm KO for Bournemouth. Watford midweek.

5. RMG

RMG
    Expand Collapse

Providing West Ham is on the Monday is that us done with Friday/Monday games after that?

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

or prior to an FA Cup 6th round match.

Happy Wednesdays likes this.
  7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

No five is the maximum any team can feature in that slot.

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

With two matches not selected for television in the February matches. It means that the TV companies can pick Liverpool every weekend until the end of the season.

Typical Sky strategy around the League Cup weekend, picking ties knowing that they will get to show them later in the season. Interesting strategy by BT Sport around the midweek picks. They might have to show two matches on the one night depending on the League cup finalists.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  9. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

BT picked Man City v West Ham, and also Chelsea v Spurs. Two interesting games. But as you said, they are likely to have to show them both on Wednesday if City reach the league cup final.

10. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

What do you reckon about the possibility of them pissing Jurgen off with moving Burnley to the Sunday 10th before Munich away? I'd day he'd rightly go bananas so they won't move it. United v Arsenal will have to be the Sunday if Arsenal get to last 16. City v Watford has to be the Saturday 9th. Chelsea v Wolves has to be Sunday

11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I think a team has only played on a Sunday before the CL once so far this season. That's 4 teams, 6 group matches, so of 24 matches, only one team has played on the previous Sunday in the PL (Man City, at home to Southampton and Shaktar, who they beat 6-0 and 6-1).
    They better not do it to us in March!

prettyboylfc81 and Stevie S like this.
  12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent analysis but to be fair the initial television picks for September, October and November are done before the UEFA draw and enginerred to avoid clubs having to play two days prior to an unknown UEFA date (Spurs did have to have a game swopped to a night time fixture on a Saturday night) and then the later December picks are done with the UEFA CL draw known.

I would not rule out a Sunday match prior to a CL tie. It happened for one Liverpool match last season in the knockout stages of the competition where Liverpool played Southampton away on a Sunday before playing Porto away on the Wednesday night. Positive results in both matches.

In the April TV announcement last season both Everton and West Brom matches were picked for Sundays by Sky but both games had to be moved to Saturdays (still TV picks) because Liverpool had Tuesday matches following them in the CL.

Not saying it will happen but it cannot be ruled out either. Of the five english teams who were in the knockout stages last season of the CL, there may have been Sunday matches for those teams other than Liverpool before CL ties but I have not checked.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  13. prettyboylfc81

prettyboylfc81
    Expand Collapse

I've speculated by booking two cheap flights for Saturday, 9th v Burnley so fingers crossed. 25th January is when next batch of TV matches to be announced.

14. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

Would anyone have an educated guess when spurs at home will be played? Sunday 4pm?

15. KopHaney

KopHaney
    Expand Collapse

Hope so, took a punt the other day sunday ryan manc rtn 10.25 back 10.00pm e52 3 of us !!

16. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

It will be televised, so it can't be 3pm on a Saturday.
    We already played them at 12.30 on Saturday morning. I'm not sure if that has an effect, but I will take a guess it reduces our chance of playing the second game at that time.
    BT have only one game left of Liverpool at 5.30 on a Saturday, but I think they might pick this game for it at the end of March, so I will give it a 20% chance.

It could also be a Monday night game, with no Champions League that week. I predict there's a 90% chance of Sky having a Monday night game, we have around a 20% chance of being shown in that.
    When I am ruling out it being on a Saturday at 12.30 or 3, it makes it most likely to be a Sunday, around a 60% chance. I am not sure which time on the Sunday, but since the first pic is 4pm, that will be my guess.

#276 xRedmanLFCx, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  17. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

Is there anywhere you can see what 3pm games are being shown on Sky? Can’t seem to find them anywhere.

18. Dave3

Dave3
    Expand Collapse

Garyoc97 likes this.
  19. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Fuckin’ hell Einsten. Percentages being thrown about all over the gaff.

20. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

A 90% chance is very likely, a 10% chance is very unlikely! ;) Numbers are more accurate than words for mathematical likely-hood predictions.