This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ha exactly my point, well sure then like I said above I expect no transactions in January other than one massive marquee signing!

Roll on 19 and DalglishGold like this.
  2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Funny story/rumour on the SSN website there claiming that Liverpool stuck a clause into the Coutinho deal saying Barca couldnt buy any other Liverpool players before 2020 unless they paid a 90m premium on top of any agreed fee!

Wonder if Barca would be interested in Alberto Moreno for 50p?

DalglishGold likes this.
  3. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

That story is in the Echo as well.

It is a strange one if true. On one hand you could say that it puts a premium on our top players (for Barca only).

On the other, it could actually restrict the price of a player if one of the main bidders was excluded. Of course, I expect that the clause could be waived if it suited LFC.

4. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Fekir very good tonight. Class finish for the goal

5. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I mentioned this name a while back and I'll mention him again!!

But, given our CB injury situation, Gary Cahill in January. Chelsea want shut of him. He would be perfect cover until Gomes/Matip are recovered.

Joedared likes this.
  6. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Gomez and Matip both due back in January so I can't see the manager moving for anyone at this moment in time. After the Christmas period it will be one game per week until the champions league resumes.

Skintown Red likes this.
  7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I can't see it happening, someone from the reserves or youth team or whatever it's called now might get a game or two but I can't see Klopp panic buying in January to cover a situation which will resolve itself two weeks later.

Niall likes this.
  8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Cahill is on huge money.I also can't see the sense in shelling out that kind of poke on a player who will be 4th or 5th choice two weeks after arriving and has no future with us.I wouldn't rule out a loan for a CB completely,but imo it would have to make more sense than that.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Cahill would be furthest thing away to a Klopp type signing that I could think of.
    Like Lucas and Can in the past I can see a midfielder like Fabinho doing a job there before Matip and Gomez are back fully fit.

10. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Good point. But the next 4 weeks has 7 games. A game every 4 days. We presumably need more than 2 CBs for this. I presume someone will come in from under age.

11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Fabinho's pace and tackling would be tested in that position. He's a great passer of the ball, but he's not the fastest, and he often gives away frees too.

12. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

The injuries to two of our CBs show how exposed we are in that position.

We have an opportunity to remedy that in January. Cahill, to me, would a Kolo Toure type signing. He has the pedigree and the experience that we need if we are to challenge on all fronts.

There may be other options of course. But if we dont sign a CB in January, and if either Matip or Gomes don't recover quickly or another CB is injured, we may be in trouble post January and the time to deal with it will have passed.

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think it proves quite the opposite to be honest mate, we've suffered two injuries to starting centre halves (1st and 3rd choice I'd imagine) and we're going to have to default back to starting the best centre half in the world (in my opinion VVD) and a starting centre half from the world cup finalists and CL finalists last year who is probably in his own humble opinion the best second best centre half in the world. If that's the depths of our exposure then we're in a fantastic position right now.

honald_tdb and Niall like this.
  14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Even if we put to one side that Cahill doesn't make sense for us,why would it make sense for him? He'd be swapping Chelsea's bench for ours and when everybody is fit he probably won't even get on the bench. Kolo Toure was almost guaranteed plenty of game time as on his day he was as good as the two ahead of him and one of those was very injury prone.

15. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

I just mentioned this last night in a conversation too.
    We need a plaster. bHe fits the bill. knows hes only gunna be there for short period.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Uproot his life and family in London(or live away from them for 6 months) to not play with us instead of not play with Chelsea.Why would he do that?

17. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Don't know. Just a knee jerk reaction in the course of a conversation. hes a name that came up as a quick fix.
    Id actually love us to sign virgils international team mate Nathan Ake

babbsnads likes this.
  18. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

The manager said he will look at it but unlikely we will sign a replacement next month.

19. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I don't disagree with a single part of that Ed.

But, by all accounts, both Matip and Gomes are out until the end of January? If so, the medics would need to be pretty sure that they will be available then. Because if not, a niggle or a strain to either VVD or Lovren and we are screwed.

In this league, even dropping two points in a game could be the difference at the end of the season.

Let's hope that Matip & Gomes recover as expected and when expected.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I get your point about the margins that we're dealing with in the Pl this year, I absolutely do but losing two players in the same position to a reasonably long injury is very hard to actually plan for. We are actually blessed to have the quality that we have at our disposal, maybe Klavan might have been held onto as a further bankup but maybe this is an opportunity for 20 year old Conor Masterson to maybe make a name for himself. Whoever is playing at centre half will have the benefit of the best goalkeeper in the league behind him and the best centre half beside him.