This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If he signs then he will 100% know up front what his role will be so like I said if he is signed by us I'll be fully behind it as Klopp will have made it clear what is expected of him and what will be required of him.

2. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I think there'll be plenty of football for him and it will be an easy sell to him on game time. But only because he's as good as he actually is. The same minutes will not be available for the likes of Ings

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That's a fair point, Shaqiri may well be good enough to swap out with Mane or Salah without it looking like we've dramatically weakened our team which was always the case when an Ings or Solanke came in.

Stevie S and NoName7 like this.
  4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

His PL stats are fairly good for a struggling team and he has been decent at last two world cups.

Set piece delivery a positive and will add depth to the squad if it happens.

NoName7 likes this.
  5. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Agreed on his delivery. Was going to say something earlier like he's not gonna arrive and demand all dead balls but his delivery is probably better than vast majority of our lads

6. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

Joyce reporting that Shaqiri deal is close.

Maddock reporting that Fekir has pleaded with Aulus to reopen talks with liverpool and he has agreed

7. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Was it not us that walked away from Fekir deal?

Gini to look for a move doing the rounds.

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

9. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully true about gini.. very average player and I'll be glad see him gone

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

@Gazzetta_it information: Liverpool reaches 60M (+ 5M bonus) by Alisson, approaching Rome's 70M rating. Monchi never ruled out bargaining for the expected price. At this point, Reds ahead, although the goalkeeper has been excited before with the interest of Real Madrid

11. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Think with Shaqiri coming in I'd be happy with the front six positions, very happy with full back. In a perfect world maybe one more centre half but we can survive with VvD, Lovren, Klavan, Matip and Gomez. Now just for the elephant in the room.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think he's been very good value for money and would be sorry to lose him from the squad. Frustrating at times yes but there's been many occasions where he's been just what we needed in games and he's popped up with some big goals in important moments. If he's been pushed down the pecking order by the new arrivals and either him or Klopp has decided it's best he moves on,fair enough but I think most Liverpool fans will remember him fondly.

Sib, robbie st leger, Mico and 3 others like this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm relying solely on the fact that we've identified this lad as a top keeper because I've not seen a lot of him and what I have hasn't been impressive,but I'd love to believe this is a reliable story.

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Shaqiri is an alternative to Fekir so I think we'll still be looking for an attacking midfielder.

Shane_90 likes this.
  15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think Gini is well worth having in the squad. We need a good level of 23-25 players. He plays better in bigger games. Interesting that people are often happy to see players like Lucas, Gini, Can move on.... all players who are expected to do the heavy lifting but won't chip in with many goals or assists.

Sib, Mico and babbsnads like this.
  16. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Ouch. Thought he was average in a lot if games earlier on but towards the end of the season I thought he had some very good performances and looked to be a quality player to have as back up.

An elephant in nets and we'd deffo be title contenders.

NoName7 and bobby benitez like this.
  17. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be Gini's greatest fan but I'd keep him as a bench player.

When he started, it was as much an indication of the lack of dept of our squad rather than his talent.

I would now see Milner, Lallana and Gini as bench players. Possibly Henderson also depending on if we sign another midfielder.

I'd still love us to go for Dybala though. With Ronaldo signing, they now have Higuain (probably going), Douglas Costa, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Dybala and Pjanic in attacking roles.

Maybe JK doesn't fancy him but he is a world class player.

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

If any truth in Barca would take around £20/22m for Yerry Mina I’d give it serious consideration.

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

With Chamberlain likely to be out for a while and Can departing, don’t think Gini leaving would be a good idea. Fair enough Fabiano and Kieta are in however the squad was running on empty towards end of last season. A good few players have gone far in World Cup and will need a few more weeks to catch up too.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Watching Modrid last night would make you really crave a player of that absolute game intelligence, nothing overly fancy but a simple game played incredibly well. Funny for the millions of people that take up soccer and train so hard to get to the top level that you could probably name on one hand the players who have the ability to dictate the tempo of a game the way the likes of himself, Pirlo, Xavi and Alonso could.

NoName7 likes this.