This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Roma Away UCL Semi May 2nd

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It's a bit Carlsberg isn't it, only way to be better is when we are the first club to win it from the qualifiers

babbsnads likes this.
  2. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Yeah?did we not do that already in 2005?

Pfoley likes this.
  3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Haha,the Roma president feels the refereeing decisions cost them a place in the final.

I have to say,Klopp and this team are a lot of things,but lucky isn't one of them which makes things even more impressive.We haven't really had a lucky manager since Benitez and I know some will say "you make your own luck" blah,blah,blah, but there's no legislating for so many things that could easily go the other way not falling in our favour.If these things even themselves out over a season,God help Real Madrid because we're getting 3 penos,having 2 goals that were offside allowed and they're scoring an OG that goes in off Varanes cock.Roma created one chance at Anfield and had no shots on target in the first 45 minutes last night,and still ended up with 6 goals over the two legs,it's un-fucking-real.

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Ah sur Rodgers was lucky.

He had the 3rd best player in the world for 2 of his 3 full seasons and Sturridge somehow managed to stay injury free for 2013/2014 season. Lucky Rodgers he should be called

Garrett likes this.
  5. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Delighted and relieved in equal measures after last night. As someone said earlier, we were 5-0 up in the tie and ended up winning7-6!!

Madrid will be a different challenge though. We've had Porto, City and Roma thus far, none of whom have made semi finals or a final in the last few years. However, our front 3 will put the fear of god into Ramos, Varane etc.

Interesting stat Babbs; I woudn't be surprised if we also hold the record for the teams that has conceded most that has reached a final!!

But what a wonderful achievement. We are far from the finished article and have plenty of holes to fill in the squad. But for sheer determination, grit and attitude and, of course, no measure of skill and speed, we are hard to equal.

I think that we can do this. I really think that we can do a Blitzkrieg on them and give them a game that they simply won't have experienced in either La Liga or Cl this season.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I highly doubt it mate,we had the best defensive record in the competition coming into the semis and we've kept the most clean sheets.

Niall likes this.
  7. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

European Cup Final :D

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If that's luck then we'll probably have to re-evaluate whether Klopp is lucky or not.

43 goals from Salah,a player who wasn't his first choice and he had to be convinced by his scouting staff to buy.Roberto Firmino,a player who Rodgers bought for him having a better season for goals and assists than he's ever had in his life.Alberto Moreno getting injured allowing Robertson(who's been a phenomenon) into the team,but only after James Milner telling Klopp he didn't want to play LB anymore and then breaking the CL record for assists as a midfielder. The club being in a position where it can spend 75m on the league's best CB.

9. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

awe J A S U S- LFC don't half know how to put it's fans through the torture !!!:confused:.....Can't comprehend that at one stage in this tie we were coasting at 5 Nil & as usual, somehow manage to repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot !! The peno against klavan was as bad as you'll see, however if the ref had played an extra minute or 2, as he really should have, I think we were in bother...
    We could've put it to bed many times but were casual about it & didn't finish it off....

I was astounded that roma IMO lacked belief after their goals, to absolutely go for us like a steamroller...when they got their late goals they didn't seem to believe(thankfully) that they could get back into it !...

anyways, for the situation at the back with our dodgy defending & a practically zero bench, it's an amazing achievement to get to the final, however let's hope we make it really count & lift nr 6 on May 26th !!;)

10. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Roma were not hard done by but we did get a slice of luck at anfield v city. A bad offside call and goal for them . We would have been fuming. Bring in VAR ta fuck and let it be fair game for everyone.

11. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Haha Manc in work this morning telling me it's only our 2nd ever appearance in a champions league final so i said how so if we've won it five times and he said it was a different competition back then. Asked him what about 2007 in Athens and he just walked away. I'm loving it in here today :D they are all over the shop.

12. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

The debate about luck will rattle on....

However, the bottom line is that we got through thankfully, albeit by a fairly narrow margin over the two legs (and that can't be ignored either !).

Stephen Chawke likes this.
  13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Don't be shy about putting the boot in mate, offer him odds on them losing the FA Cup just for the laugh ;) :D

Stephen Chawke likes this.
  14. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

There definitively is a strange element that support Roma. I don't get it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures by David Rawcliffe, Propaganda Photography

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

i'll take all the luck we can get ........

Garrett likes this.
  18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

?

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Wasn't there talk of him being transferred at one point to a hospital in Rome before he had eventually passed away? Anyway agreed Lionel, either way it's a very unusual issue for the Roma fans to be flying banners for.

redabbey likes this.
  20. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse