This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Roma Away UCL Semi May 2nd

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Apr 29, 2018.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This is it. Biggest game in years.

Team picks itself.

Allez, Allez, Allez

babbsnads likes this.
  2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully Mane back fit fif this one as Klopp said he would be. As you've said Gary team picks itself at this stage with the injuries we've got.

Roma had a big win last night with 10 men but against a bottom table team.

All we need to do is not lose the plot on Wednesday night and we're through, Roma simply cannot beat us by three unless we capitulate.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

More worried about there been trouble over there .

Hopefully not.

On the game just hope no early goal for Roma , going to be a tough game but feel we can win this , usually a bad result for us is a draw ;)

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Thats what I love about this situation.The first leg was the biggest game in years but as soon as that was over,that title moved onto this one and when this is over it's very likely that title will move onto the final.Both the City games felt as big as anything in years before that.

5. this

this
    Expand Collapse

For what happened last week, I hope that we don’t just win here, I hope we embarrass the pricks in their own backyard. Scumbags.

Need to keep it tight for the first 15-20mins, don’t give their crowd anything to feed off. Mind you I said that against City as conceded after 3mins. ‘Mon the pool.

6. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I Agree Ed, However i am very worried we may capitulate for some reason!! If we score 1st should be over, however if they get the 1st i will crap myself. Hopefully we saved a bit on saturday.

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Personally feel we will have to much for them ,away win again ;)

8. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Only thing im worried about is tiredness in our players other than that can only see us progressing to final.
    LFC YNWA

9. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

I've seen much comment around if we score thats that but not really so in this case. 4-1 is every bit as feasible for them as 3-0 is. That aside, i cant see them overturning this. Buvac going is very worrying. Something major up when he goes at this critical time.

10. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Ps for anyone who hasnt seen this weeks champions league magazine its worth a look on tv3 player. Good piece on the roma game with Trent and a nice piece with a fan whose been to all the finals.

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

The odds of sides overturning a 2 goal deficit are something like 1 in every 95, the odds on 3 goals must be in the thousands. The likelihood of doing it twice in a row must be in the millions.

Barcelona pulled back a massive defeat against PSG last season and when they had to go again against Juventus they had nothing left. Roma aren't that good so its not like its ability they're relying on, its miracles.

A lot of people seem to be mentioning Seville away this season as a reason to be worried. Firstly Seville are a lot better than Roma (IMO) and they also had the perfect storm of an inspirational team talk, us thinking it was over and Moreno having a few moments. Alberto won't be playing tomorrow and big Virgil will, his composure can't be underestimated. Calmness and confidence spreads in the same way the panic used too when the 3 amigos were in the team. We will win easy on the night.

12. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

I thought there would be much more discussion on Buvac here today or is there a thread that im missing! I could start one i know! This is big news and a bit unsettling to think all might not be right with klopp either at a time when you would think he must be very pleased at the progress.

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

win, no injuries to players or fans and we move on to the biggest game for our club since Chelsea 2014

14. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Some talk in the Klopp thread mate

Stephen Chawke likes this.
  15. Daz

Daz
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Feeling nervous as f*ck for some reason this morning. Hopefully gone by lunch time!!! Missing the game tomorrow as have a match myself. Be loads of c*nts shouting fake scores at me during the game. Head gonna be wrecked

GaryMc likes this.
  16. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

@ASRomaEN
    53s53 seconds ago
    More
    Di Francesco: “I’ll weigh things up today as far as the line-up goes. Our approach will have to be spot on both defensively and in attack. As for injury news, unfortunately it’s hard to see Kevin Strootman being involved.”

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Gomez not travelled but lallana has .

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Just need to keep our heads and do our thing , no need to pick up stupid cards .

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Mane, Lallana, Mignolet, Robertson, Ings, Solanke, Jones, Ward, Woodburn, Masterson, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

20. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

Very light squad really