This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fsg

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by bobby benitez, May 16, 2012.

1. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

During discussions on here the wealth of other clubs gets mentioned as a comparison to what Liverpool have to compete against. Must admit my eyes were opened tonight to see the stadium that the U23 City v Liverpool game was played in.

The commonwealth games was a gift to City.

[​IMG]

As much as I am still seeing very bullish talk about Everton plan's for Bramley dock. I really struggle to see how they can afford to finance their plans even with the council acting as a 2/3 guarantor for any loans. Pictures below are some mock up's of how the stadium might have looked if the Commonwealth Games had been awarded to Liverpool. Birmingham got the nod for 2022.

Of course my thinking could be completely wrong, if the next television deal further increases massively the wealth of teams that need only to be in the Premier League to generate massive income.

If Liverpool do not announce expansion plans for Anfield Road this autumn I will be very unimpressed as to me it makes no sense not to further expand the ground.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi Lionel,

City's facilities are certainly very impressive, thanks for posting the pic.

With regards to our own grounds, I think it fair to say that we all want to see it continue to be expanded and modernised.

From a commercial point of view, I would guess that the owners would far rather leave the Annie Road until last if they had their way, given it offers the least opportunity to increase overall capacity (so probably takes longer to give them a return on their investment). That said, I think it is also obviously the stand most in need of modernisation.

Hopefully they will progress with the redevelopment this year, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's delayed by a year or two.

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not sure I follow your logic, how is it better for the owners to expand other stands in the ground ahead of Annie Road? What ideas would you have that would be preferable instead?

4. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'm not plugging any alternative Lionel (ultimately, all four stands will have to be done), but simply meant that if they redevelop the Annie Rd, they will end up with little additional seating. If they redeveloped some of the other stands, the opportunity to increase capacity is greater so future revenue is greater and by extension, they get a return on their investment quicker.

5. maloneavic

maloneavic
    Expand Collapse

My thinking is that it was better to expand the main stand first cause they got extra seat's plus more boxes etc where as with the anfield road end its A big cost for a few k seats and no boxes .

Garrett likes this.
  6. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

The Anfield Road end is in dire need of some modernizing though

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I still don't follow you on how capacity can be further increased in both the Kop and King Kenny stands at this moment in time. Without checking the expansion in the Kop for this season (about 700 seats) has made the public space behind the seating area in the 200 block very cramped this season. Even if in the future safe seating was to be introduced I can not see a ratio possible of greater than 1:1

So back to your point last night, what alternative is there to any development of any other stand at Anfield ahead of the Annie Road?

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Santa oops sorry Saint John Henry running in the 3pm at Newbury today. Giddy up :D

Colm75 likes this.
  9. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I expect we should be able to move up a place or two on the table this season - as a result of the CL funds, new revenue from WU sponsorship etc.

#2709 Garrett, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Surely we didn't sell coutinho on stage payments..that is crazy.. considering the 'strong' position we we're in..if that's case no wonder we are seen as walk over for selling players. Barca sold Neymar cash deal and have the cash.barca already shafted us in suarez deal.

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

What's this?

12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Been owed money by a club of that size is virtually the same as having it in the bank. 99% of transfers are done in stages, its no biggie.

Irishkop96 and Niall like this.
  13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Very true Bobby,

But I did actually think I had read that we got £105m straight up, with the remainder of the price subject to X, Y, Z at a later date ?

Has something been published to indicate that we are getting payment over a number of stage payments somewhere recently, or what's triggered IrishKop96's post ?

14. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

The clubs PR Machine (James Pearce and the Echo) initially said the £105mil fee was upfront. Yesterday he then said that the £105mil will be paid over a couple of years (Exact qoure: "It’s too simplistic to say there’s £142m sitting there waiting to be spent. About £105m of that fee is guaranteed and that will be paid over a period of time in the same way as Liverpool will pay for Van Dijk in instalments."). So I assume it was just a typo in his initial piece, and he meant £105mil guaranteed.

15. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Just read they have made £30M profit on transfers in the Klopp era. (5 transfer windows) which coincides with the most profitable era in terms of TV rights. I'm sorry that doesn't sit right with me. It's not good enough. We have a fantastic manager and he needs to be backed to the absolute hilt. I'm beginning for the first time to question the motivation of these owners.

16. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Klopp Has gone on record to say the money is there if he wants to spend it. You can’t remove klopp from the criticism, it’s his call on players. It’s down to him if we succeed or fail

17. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

A manager backing the owners isn't unheard of. Klopp at the end of the day is on FSG's payroll and is hired by them. Does the 30m profit figure sit well with you?

18. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

I want us to spend big on Top players too mate but just blaming it on fsg isn’t the answer! Klopp dosent strike me as someone who would cover up for fsg, basically everything he says is to the contrary! There seems to be an excellent relationship between him and the owners! Selling our best player in January dosent sit well with me but it seems to be his call,it looks even more Mind boggling if we don’t go big in the transfer market, but I’m not klopp I don’t make the decision at LFC! He believes in his way, if he’s prepared to go “all in” on his current squad then ultimately he will reap the rewards or fall on his sword! I’ve no idea how it will play out to be honest

redabbey and Niall like this.
  19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Looking at the side yesterday only around 6/7 players are his signings after 5 windows most sides resemble the managers image of what he wants for his philosophy.

I’m all for waiting to get the right players my only Regret us we let Coutinho go before we had brought in more players than just Van ,

Don’t see a Klopp going for a replacement for Coutinho as think he sees Ox and Keita plus others been enough to cover .

It’s obvious the team is short 5/6 Klopp players of quality
    Just seems he will not rush into buying

The £30/40m profit only to myself means we have money to spend

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Serious going to be challenging for top 4 this season and last 16 of the CL with a net profit on transfers though admittedly the profit is entirely down to this window and Countinho going for big money before we've had a chance to re-invest.

Manager will come under fire if he doesn't spend the money on adequate replacements though, he's going to start to come under pressure from some fans.