This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TubbyReina, Sep 13, 2009.

1. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

A bit stuck. I've Stafford and Ryan. I'd love to play Stafford v Tampa, but hand injury worries me. Would I be crazy to drop him and play Ryan rest of year given he hasn't been great. Ryan has saints, buccs and saints next 3 weeks. I reckon one of games v saints will be shoot out and one a closer tighter game. Buccs a good match up

I need to pick up a back up tight end this week with Ertz out and not sure who else to cut.

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Scrapped into playoffs in one league 6/6, now favourite to make it through to decided mainly due to Kamara and Alex Smith.

On the Super Bowl itself, would not rule out the packers if they beat the browns this weekend. Rodgers due back next week if they win and 3 wins could see them sneak in the playoffs.

Hard to look past the pats though.

3. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Steelers have won every game since juice (Lev bell) released his single winsday.....Is it sad I follow my fantasy team on twitter

Please don't answer

4. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Hard to see how the eagles will fair in the playoffs to be honest, should be a good game v the rams this week tho interesting to see how'll they'll bounce back after the loss to the seahawks

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Kamara concussion right at the start of the game :eek:

Massive win for the Falcons although they were a bit lucky with fumble near the end that they recovered

6. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Just saw the highlights of it, a huge win for them but Matt Ryan for me doesn't look as solid as he did last season a lot of interceptions thrown that could have been avoided,

7. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

Really weird but fascinating game!

8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Falcons still have to play Panthers and Saints again. Some scramble for the playoffs.

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I find it very hard to see anyone but the Pats winning the SB this season again. Steelers the only legitimate opposition in the AFC and I just don't think they have the steel to get it done. Have this odd feeling that Seattle might be a sneaky shout but I don't see many teams having the defence to cope with the Pats in the playoffs.

Minnesota have had a seriously impressive year thus far, I'd like to see them go well in the post season but hard to see them having the experience to manage their way to a SB.

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Jags are the dark horses. Some absolute tanks in defence.

11. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Would ye consider the eagles contenders? Think they'll be there abouts anyway

12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Pulled apart in a big road test in Seattle and more big tests coming up in the next few weeks, don't expect them to feature to be honest.

13. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Yea I think the rams game will be make or break for them, but I don't mind I'll just sit back and watch the Pats cruise to Minneapolis :cool:

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That they will, I've never liked the Pats, probably my least favourite team in the NFL (I think of them as the Mancs of the NFL for some reason) but they're an unbelievable team. I think they'll win the SB this year without too much drama but I hope to god that I'm somehow wrong.

15. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Although I'm a bears fan I'd love to see Vikings do it. Theyve overcome some setbacks, losing Bradford and dalvin cook. Also diggs has struggled since groin injury.
    Was at their season opener v saints. If they get number one seed in NFC, they can have home field advantage all the way to Superbowl, which has never happened before.
    Adam Thielen currently my favourite NFL player.

16. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Blake bortles though. Fournette looks a bit banged up to me

17. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

Rams unlucky tonight silly errors cost them, be interesting to see if the injury to Wentz is serious if it is I can't see Foles doing it for them

18. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think it's his left ACL

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Season over for Philly, same thing happened Oakland last year. They were the genuine opposition to the Pats.

Good win for the Steelers last night, looks like a hell of a game, must catch highlights later.

Game in Buffalo was insane stuff, I've never seen the likes of the timeout call so the players could kick snow off the pitch for the kicker, gas stuff.

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Watched Steelers Ravens as off today. Mad game, Antonio Brown killing me in fantasy playoffs :(