This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The defence for our defence

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by flies, Sep 21, 2014.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I'd imagine for a 90 minute session its,
    40 mins attacking play.
    5 mins hugging session, then
    Another 40 mins attacking session,
    Finished off with another 5 mins(few mins extra depends what Klopp adds on for discussion on what the forwards could have done better in the session)hugging session.

stamullenredmen and Irishkop96 like this.
  2. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Haha

3. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

The fact that we have a thread on the go for almost three years entitled "The defence for our defence" says it all really ....

ConorKop likes this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Who spreads the panic? I'm going to exclude TAA and Matip because it was there long before they arrived on the scene.

Mingolet gets my vote, as well as he played tonight he just doesn't speak and therefore can't organise. Will never be good enough.

Lovren has had games were he looks the real deal and then you get games like tonight were decision making is that of a tired three year old. He's rubbing off on Matip too who had a made.

Moreno is brain dead, no more to add about him.

5. Badman

Badman
    Expand Collapse

I think you're already in panic mode once Moreno is on the team sheet, he's by a million miles the worst full back I've seen in professional football. The defensive calamities are systemic but no centre back or goalie could be calm with moreno in the team

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Lovren looks a wreck alongside Moreno. Always thought Sakho looked uncomfortable alongside Moreno. One eye on covering for him position wise.

7. Badman

Badman
    Expand Collapse

True, but normally a centre back doesn't like to be constantly pulled miles out wide every five minutes, maybe sahko played full back or in a back three in the past I dunno, but ya lovren goes to pot when playing alongside moreno. The positions he finds himself in baffle me, they truly do

8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

A 12 year old would have no problem getting past Moreno. His tackles on so many occasions are just shite, attackers go straight through him so easily

9. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

It's a horror show back there, balls pinging around everywhere

We should not be so open playing 3 centre mids like that, it's more than just the 2 amigos Lovren and Moreno that needs addressing

Set piece defending was better, the 2 centre halves stayed closer on the 6 yard line

redabbey likes this.
  10. Happy Wednesdays

Happy Wednesdays
    Expand Collapse

I thought Roys team of 95-96 were dodgy at the back but this lot are making Jones/Ruddock/Babb/Scales and McAteer look like Neal/Kennedy/Hansen and Thompson.

11. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

there is a tendency nowadays to over analyse and pick out faults/mistakes but my God Moreno is absolutely inept at defending. He puts the rest of the defence in the sh*t and makes the whole unit look shaky. Hopefully Klopp will not be picking him much more.

12. craig6lfc

craig6lfc
    Expand Collapse

Lovren wasn't too bad last season playing alongside Milner but last night he played like he did when he first arrived at Liverpool, panicking every time the ball went near him and being clumsy. I don't know how Moreno is still a Liverpool player never mind starting one of the most important games we've had in the past few years

sligo fan and RedArmagh like this.
  13. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Matip seems to get a free ride when people talk about our defence. Seriously needs to up his game as well.

What's the story with sakho? Anyone even interested in signing him? We'll probably give him away for peanuts late in the window.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I'd say an Italian team will come on Aug 30 31st with a loan bid and he'll be off. Usual story

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

He gets off the hook because he's the best of a bad lot mate (well, not sure about himself or Sakho) ... by quite a bit in fairness and could well be a good player in a better line up.

Shush....

The last thing we need discussed around here, is a player who is on the books, is possibly the best of our defensive players and isn't getting a look in because himself and our manager can't both be mature enough to work out their differences but instead permit the status quo to continue and the team to suffer on the pitch as a result . .... oh yea, and let me not forget the dumbass price tag that the club have stuck on him which clearly no one is willing to play (most likely due to LFC's decision to exile him and inflame his bad boy reputation even further, hence devaluing him more and more).

Happy Wednesdays likes this.
  16. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Where people now saying our defence has improved..when I was complaining about lack defence incomings..serious issues not even improves

17. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

We can't defend but at least having stability and cohesion back there would make a big difference. As I said in City thread since Watford game Klopp changed 3 out of 5 back line v Palace then another
    3 out of 5 against Arsenal and then again yesterday was another 3 out 5 changes back there against City. We're shit at defending whoever's back there but we can at least make a solid effort in trying to make it tight back there by playing the same back 5 in a few continuous games. It would be a good start.

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I can understand changing the full backs but I'd try not change Lovern/Matip at CB.

Klopps spending on our back 5 is peanuts even at championship level , hopefully when he is happy with his attacking options, defence outlay will increase ?

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe we've to spend another season looking at this bloody thread....

We've made ourselves worse defensively not better this summer, having taken the brilliant decisions to get rid of one of our best CBs and not replace him, alongside bringing Moreno back into the mix and taking Milner out.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Who was our best centre half we got rid of from the playing squad Garrett? I'm having a blond moment here and can't recall a single player from last season in our back 4 that is gone.