This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

IrishKop Free Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Prediction/Fantasy Football' started by Ron1892, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Top 10

upload_2016-8-14_19-38-59.png

Attached Files:

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Not that I was happy about Carzola got two assists. Steal at 7.5 also had young lad Kingsley for 4.0 from Swansea. Must join this league actually

3. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

Cool in from next week

4. Finical

Finical
    Expand Collapse

Top the table! Thanks Phil :)

5. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

You were blessed with Cazorla, didn't start and played deep. You defo got Kingsley off FFS!

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Actually saw on Twitter than Taylor was out Kingsley was starting first few games. He has already gone up in price but once Taylor comes back he will be on the bench

7. sbabu_irl

sbabu_irl
    Expand Collapse

Is this code still valid.

I am getting error.

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

9. jonnylpfc

jonnylpfc
    Expand Collapse
    Shankly

Bad week last week down to 16th from 3rd

10. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

Hi only started playing this last season so didn't understand the ins & outs of the scoring & transfer prices as I do this season but still have a few gripes with it.
    For instance last nights game Van Dijk scored after 2mins in but then did feck all else & conceded 4 goals yet he ended up with a bonus point which I thought was not deserved.
    Another gripe I have is my sub goalie Hulls Jakupovic is the only keeper in the game to have come down in price (I paid 4m he is now 3.9m) despite having scored more points & played more games than any of the other current 4m goalkeepers in the game.

Don't get me wrong I like the game but feel they could really improve a few things.

Any else with similar gripes or ways they could improve things?

#650 bono, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  11. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

You should email the developers and c what they say how many points did van dijk end up with i guess coz he was a defender he deserves a bonus point

12. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

He actually got 2 bonus points I honestly can't see how a central defender who concedes 4 goals deserves any bonus points regardless if they score after 2 minutes or not.

Bonus 2 2pts
    Minutes played 90 2pts
    Goals scored 1 6pts
    Goals conceded 4 -2pts

Total 8pts

13. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The bonus point system is very complicated. It takes into account tackles won, passes completed etc. It is set up to reward good individual performances regardless of team performance. Van Dijk receiving 2 bonus points in a 4-1 home loss would suggest the hype around him is accurate - he is a class act.

14. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

I watched the game last night & he wasn't great at all, after he scored it was a sort of well I've done my job now that's enough type performance.
    He was caught napping for spurs 1st goal & fonte bailed him out with a last ditch tackle after Wanyama went around him. I think he is a really good defender but he didn't show it last night hence my gripe.

I get what you mean though about it being complicated I like the 3 saves gets you a extra point as goalkeeper, a clean sheet gets you an extra point for a midfielder but striker don't seem to get anything extra they only get 4pts for a goal when defenders get 6pts & midfielders get 5pts.

#654 bono, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Would you change it to give strikers extra points for a clean sheet ? ... personally, I wouldn't as it's seldom that the strikers have had much to do with the team getting a clean sheet and also, they are more likely to score goals so they get more points up the far end of the pitch etc.

16. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

Strikers do deserve something for defending look at our game against Stoke Crouch cleared one off the line in that one & Ibrahimovic/lukaku are always in the thick of things when there teams are defending corners or set pieces so why not.

I'd like to see something similar to the 3 saves thing for goalkeepers for Strikers let's say every time a striker has 2 shots saved they get a point

On the goal points thing just make it a flat rate across the board 5pts for a goal same as its a flat rate for a assist 3pts

17. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't like any of those changes

The reason Jakupovic went down in price and other 4m keepers didn't is due to transfers in and out. Jak was getting a game at one point so people actually owned him to sell him. No one ever owned the lads who never got a game. Same will happen with Pickford

18. SOC

SOC
    Expand Collapse

Will there be an IrishKop Fantasy Premier League set up again this season lads?

Garrett likes this.
  19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I'll renew the league later on today and I think everyone who was in it last year stays in it , and I'll stick the code up for if some one wants to join.

20. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Right lads and lassies. I have renewed the Irishkop free Fantasty Football Premier league. Anyone who was in the league last year will be entered back in automatically. I just checked and there is about 60 people waiting to join already from last year.

For new members who would like to join, this is the code which you need to join :Code to join this league: 849309-204883

This is a free league lads and there is no money involved or prizes. It's just for bragging rights. Other lads on the site run leagues with prizes and fees.

djdwainec, Stevie S and Garrett like this.